Will Meido cafe be popular in the world?
I took an English lesson yesterday morning, and I talked with my teacher about "Meido-cafe" in Japan, because we saw some girls with special costume then. As many Japanese know, "Meido" means a kind of servant in royal or similar noble family. There seems to be some "Meido-cafe" in Akihabara, and they're prosperous according to Internet sources. This culture comes from "Manga" or other media, which treat imaginary figures. The current IT boom encouraged this culture, because many people have uploaded "Meido" pictures in web-space, and even I can also find such an imaginary picture with search engine. The city Akihabara contains many computer shops and "Meido-cafe" as well.
According to this article(in Japanese), new "Meido-cafe" has appeared in Paris in early March. The servants are, of course, Japanese women, and they cannot speak French, although they live in France... The reporter also said that "Meido-cafe" were open in some Asia countries and Canada.
In my lesson, they will not be popular in other countries, because of difference of culture. At least, Australian, where my teacher was born, don't have such a mentality.
Anyway, this is actually one of the exportation of Japanese culture. I'm going to chase of this movement in future.

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire