"dilettante"
We had the Tokyo gubernatorial election yesterday. In this election, there were 14 candidates for the Governor of Tokyo. At last, the current governor "Ishihara" won the election. Here is a detailed results: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/senkyo/html/senk/13/skh1300.html
(The following is my concern, which is not related to the election.)
In reviewing the candidates profile, I found an unfamiliar word "dilettate."
dilettante [noun] a person who does or studies sth but isn't serious about it and doesn't have much knowledge by Oxford English dictionary 2000.
In my French-Japanese dictionary, I found an example:
composer de la musique en dilettante
If we use English, we can translate it like:
compose the musical piece as one's hobby
If this word is used as plural form, we say "dilettanti" or "dilettantes." In considering the forms, I assume this word comes from latin language.
According to this article:"ディレッタントが発展させた科学" (in Japanese), "dilettante" seemed to be a precious existence for science history.
But, I'm not sure he/she is talented as to the governor...

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire